Now that you are at MCPC, you can complete many registration changes on your own using your student access to Temple's online systems.
The MCPC Registration Assistant reviews procedures with you during an Orientation Weekend session. Below are the basics.
Activate your Temple account. Using the Temple PIN and Accessnet Username documents you receive in the Orientation Packet, go to Temple's Computer Services to activate the account. This provides access to TUPortal, the key to navigating Temple's online systems.
TUPortal provides access to:
- TUmail - Most of your Temple professors will use your new Temple email address as your main contact. You will also receive notices about various happenings on Temple's campus.
- Blackboard - Many Temple professors use this system, but not all. You will need to check with your professors at the beginning of each class.
- OWLnet - This is Temple's online registration system. Use OWLnet to add, drop and withdraw from courses. Also check your Temple roster and grades.
To Add/Drop Temple courses:
Always consult with your Messiah advisor before making changes.
Week One: Add/Drop classes on your own using OWLnet. No forms or signatures are necessary.
Week Two: A $12 revision fee is charged for each online session. To add a course, the professor's signature is needed on a Schedule Revision Form. Submit this form to the MCPC Registration Assistant to get registered for the course. To drop a course, simply drop the course online.
- Go to www.temple.edu and click on the TUPortal link.
- Enter AccessNet username.
- Enter Password. Until you create your own, the PIN provided in your Orientation Packet is your password.
- Click on the OWLnet link (on the left-hand side).
- Enter Password (same as in step #3).
- Click the Register/Roster purple tab.
- Select semester.
- Select the correct function from options on the left-hand side.
"Add a Course":
- Enter the CRN (6-digit Course Reference Number).
- Enter credit hours only if they vary for the particular course.
- Click "GO".
- A popup box about prerequisites will appear. Look these over carefully to determine if you are prepared to take the course. If you have any questions, discuss your prerequisites with the course instructor. Click "OK" if the prerequisites are met.
- Complete course addition by clicking the "GO" button.
- "You have successfully added course ######" should appear
"Drop One Course":
- Select CRN (6-digit course reference number) from dropdown box.
- Click "GO".
- Verify your selection and click on "GO".
- "You have successfully dropped course ######" should appear.
**Be sure to receive confirmation of your Add/Drop. Check your roster to make sure the change you wanted appears.
**With every course change, submit a Schedule Revision Notification form to the MCPC Registration Assistant.
Special Authorization Courses:
Some courses require special authorization from the professor. This message will appear when students try to register for the course. To register, obtain a Special Authorization form from the MCPC Registration Assistant, get the professor's signature and return the form to the MCPC Registration Assistant.
Closed Course Approval:
If a course you want to take is closed, it is worth asking the professor for Closed Course Approval. Obtain a Closed Course Approval form (a.k.a. Green Card) from the MCPC Registration Assistant, get the professor's signature and return the form to the MCPC Registration Assistant.
Special Course Fees:
Students are responsible to pay any Temple course fee. In the course schedule, course fees are indicated by a purple circle F icon.
To Withdraw from a Temple course:
Students may with withdraw from classes until about mid-semester. Obtain a Registration/Schedule Revision form from the MCPC Registration Assistant, complete it and return it to the MCPC Registration Assistant. No signatures are necessary.
To take a course Pass/Fail:
Temple does not offer a Pass/Fail option. However, Messiah students can have a Temple course transfer back to Messiah as Pass/Fail by completing a Messiah College Pass/Fail form, available from the MCPC Registration Assistant. The letter grade will appear on the Temple transcript, but will not count toward your GPA.
To Add/Drop MCPC courses:
MCPC courses can be changed during the first week of class only. Students add and drop MCPC courses using MCSquare according to Messiah College policies.