A Word From the Dean
The Mission of the School of Business, Education and Social Sciences is to prepare students to serve God in church, society, and their professions by applying their understanding of human thought, development, learning, social structures, and interactions to complex social issues and environments.
Our 9 undergraduate and graduate programs provide:
- Intellectually challenging and faith affirming programs in a wide variety of disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas;
- Rich and carefully constructed undergraduate majors and graduate degrees that prepare students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to serve faithfully and effectively in multiple professional settings;
- Opportunities for students to engage in research with faculty members;
- A strong focus on experiential learning and community engagement in local, national and international settings;
- Partnerships with schools, businesses, non-profit organizations and social
- An understanding of how our disciplines can support our Christian calling to bring redemption, reconciliation, and justice to a world in need.
In addition, the School of Business, Education and Social Sciences (BESS) provides leadership to two program areas that allow students the opportunity to study and observe in unique settings.
- The International Business Institute is designed to give students in economics, business management and related areas a distinctive opportunity for a term of study that incorporates the international dimension of these fields in an experiential context overseas.
- The Early Learning Center provides full day childcare for Messiah College employee and student families and half-day pre-school programs for both employee and student families and the community. Many students from our School also become involved in the Early Learning Center through student teaching or observation.
We invite you to explore our website, become familiar with our faculty, and to contact our office for questions concerning the areas of Business, Education and the Social Sciences.
Caroline Maurer, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Business, Education and Social Sciences