Adventure Education Adjunct Faculty, Coordinator of Cocurricular Adventure Programs & Director of the Loft
717-766-2511 x 7096
Wendell enjoys a variety of outdoor activities, especially rock climbing and white water canoeing.
Wendell holds an M.A. from Wheaton College in Educational Ministries and has worked in experiential education since 1998.
Wendell has worked on Messiah’s campus since 2007 as the Director of the Loft to provide adventure-based leadership and team-building experiences for Messiah's students. Working as both adjunct faculty in the Adventure Education major and as the Coordinator of Cocurricular Adventure Programs allows Wendell to provide educational experiences both in and out of the classroom. This significantly enhances our students’ learning and experience in the Adventure Education major. He currently lives on Messiah College’s campus with his wife Teri and their four children
• Professional Climbing Instructors' Association (PCIA) Single Pitch Climbing Instructor, 2009 – present
• Association of Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) Level II Facilitator, 2011 - 2014
• Wilderness First Responder, Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities (SOLO), 2000 - presen
• Wilderness First Aid Instructor, Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities (SOLO), 2016 - present
• American Canoe Association (ACA) Moving Water Course - Level 3 (Tandem), 2008
• American Canoe Association (ACA) Swift Water Rescue Course, 2011
• Leave No Trace
• Multi-day Backpacking & Canoe Travel