3+ 4 Articulation Agreement Between Messiah University and the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
The 3+ program in Pharmacy is the result of a collaboration between Messiah University and the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (USP). Students can earn both the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Biochemistry and the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degrees in seven, rather than the traditional eight years. Students will spend the first three years at Messiah, and then proceed to USP for final four years of years of Pharm.D. coursework. The B.A. in Biochemistry from Messiah will be awarded after successful completion of the first year at USP. The Pharm.D. degree from USP will be awarded after successful completion of the doctoral program at USP.
- Admission to this 3+ program is self-designated and is open to all students accepted to Messiah University. There are no additional entrance requirements at the time of application to Messiah.
- The USP admission decision will normally be made by the end of the fifth semester at Messiah for students who entered the joint program at the beginning of their first year.
The agreement with Messiah University and USP is currently under review. Please check back for updates.
- 3-year B.A. Biochemistry
- Some of the credits earned at USP will be counted toward the completion of the Messiah B.A. in Biochemistry.
- Students who are not eligible for the 3+ articulated program are encouraged to complete their four year degree at Messiah University and to re-apply to USP – and other Pharm.D. programs.
- A grade of at least 'C' is required to transfer coursework from USP to Messiah to complete the B.A. in Biochemistry from Messiah University.