What is a Career Application?
career application is a tangible product that contextualizes the outcomes of an experience in a way that is meaningful and relevant for an intended audience At the conclusion of the experience, students must practice articulating the transferable skills and competencies resulting from the experience which are relevant to an external audience, such as a future employer or graduate program. For semester-long programs, students have the ability to decide what they want their career application to look like, and will need to discuss their ideas with their ELI advisor at the beginning of their experience.
Students participating in semester-long programs should choose from the following list of possible final reflective assignments/career applications:
- Personal Website
- LinkedIn Account
- LinkedIn Tip Sheets: How to Network, How to Build Your Personal Brand, How to Communicate Effectively
- The Anatomy of a Successful LinkedIn Profile Infographic
- Digital Storytelling Video
- Sample e-portfolio, courtesy of Olivia Kimmel
- Insert for professional protfolio for education majors
- Mock Interview
- Other creative assignment (to be approved by your ELI advisor prior to completion)
All ELI experiences will be evaluated through the following rubric.