Students: To secure your spot for this course, you are required to immediately complete the remaining section and bring the entire completed form to the Falcon Exchange located on Eisenhower Campus Center 2nd floor with a $200 non-refundable deposit within 10 days of your initial notification of acceptance to this course.
Please carefully review the following important information:
1. This is a three (3) credit course and will count as three (3) credits of your spring semester load (comprised of J-Term, Spring Term, and May-Term).
2. This course will satisfy one of your QuEST Languages and Cultures requirements.
3. This course will meet your Experiential Learning Initiative (ELI) common learning requirement.
4. You will register for this course during your normal spring semester registration period.
1. The estimated course fee for this cross-cultural course is $______, and a $200 non-refundable deposit reserves your space. Due to the variability of international currency and flight costs, please note that final course fees will be published in the fall. At the conclusion of the course, unused course fee revenue will be refunded to students if it exceeds $50 per student. In rare cases, an additional course fee may be assessed to cover unforeseen expenses (such as fluctuation in exchange rates or increased travel expenses).
2. Cross-cultural course fees and the deposit will be included as part of regular spring semester billing and will be assessed to your Messiah account. If you take more than 18 credits during the spring semester (comprised of J-Term, Spring Term, and May-Term) then you will be required to pay overload tuition rate for the credits above 18. If you are a part-time student, you will be billed for three credit hours of tuition in addition to the course fee. Any course refunds or additional fees will be assessed upon the completion of the course.
3. Your financial aid will apply to this course. It is your responsibility to inform the Financial Aid Office (FINAID@messiah.edu) of your total cost for this trip so that they can include the cost when determining your financial aid eligibility for the upcoming academic year. Likewise, it is your responsibility to notify Financial Aid if you cancel your trip so your financial aid can be adjusted. (Individual student or group fundraising is not permitted.)
4. Students are also eligible for the following rebate:
a. Student living on-campus for the Spring semester will receive a $200 housing rebate after the trip returns and your attendance is confirmed.
b. NOTE: Students who attend classes, or who are otherwise on campus, for both January and May terms are not eligible for the above housing rebate. (See College Catalog, p. 48) Courses taught at Messiah’s Philadelphia Campus are not eligible for this rebate.
5. Following is the refund policy for cross-cultural courses:
a. The initial $200 deposit is non-refundable.
b. Because payments on your behalf are typically made months in advance to travel agencies, airline companies, and assorted accommodations, many payments are non-refundable. Therefore, if you withdraw from participation in the trip for any reason or are removed from participation by the College after September 15th, you will be billed for any non-recoverable or non-transferable expenses incurred on your behalf. The exact amount of recovered monies can generally not be established until the trip has been completed.
Your cross-cultural faculty leader will be in touch with further course-specific information!
Any questions about the above can be directed the Intercultural Office at x2131 at Intercultural@messiah.edu.