Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies
Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies offers field-based, upper-level university courses that surround students in the natural world, immersing them in the ecosystems they'll study during their January, May, and Summer sessions at four different locations around the globe:
- Great Lakes Region (Mancelona, MI)
- Pacific Northwest (Whidbey Island, WA)
- South India (Thiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu)
- Latin America (Vara Blanca, Costa Rica)
From the shores of Lake Michigan to the Pacific Ocean, across the sea to India, or to the tropical climes of Costa Rica, you can explore and study God's creation firsthand!
2020 Program Dates
- May Session - May 18 to June 5, 2020
- Summer Session I - June 8 to July 10, 2020
- Summer Session II - July 13 to August 14, 2020
- Summer Session II - July 6 to August 7, 2020
November 01 – For marine courses offered at Pacific Rim
November 15 – For all other Pacific Rim courses
- December 1 - Last day to begin a Messiah application for Au Sable India or Costa Rica
- December 10 - For Fellowship applications (due to Dr. David Foster, Au Sable Campus Representative)
- December 15 – For fellowship applications, applications are due to the Au Sable Campus Representative (see David Foster, Kline 217)
- March 15 - Final Messiah application deadline for Au Sable Costa Rica and India
- April 15 - Final Messiah application deadline for all other Au Sable sites
- April 15 - Last day for a student to drop or withdraw from the upcoming Au Sable sessions without possibly being charged for the full course tuition and fees. Student must inform Registrar’s Office and the Intercultural Office.
For more information on these programs, please contact Dr. David Foster, Messiah's on-campus Au Sable program coordinator.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Despite the application deadlines, you should still plan to apply early, especially if you are planning to apply for financial aid!
- All fellowships need a letter from Dr. David Foster, Messiah University Campus Representative
- Students applying for fellowships for May or Summer, must have them submitted by December 10
Additional Au Sable financial aid deadlines are January 15, February 15 and March 15 (the amount of aid declines with time). See ausable.org for additional information.
For more information, please contact Dr. David Foster, Messiah's on-campus Au Sable program coordinator.