As family members, you have the opportunity to play an influential role in your child's career development process. The Career and Professional Development Center exists to assist students with all aspects of career exploration and planning - from identifying strengths and interests, and exploring majors and careers, planning for internships, and transitioning successfully to the world of work or graduate school. Together we can work to support and advocate for our students.
Take some time to review the information on the Career and Professional Development Center website. Encourage your student to take advantage of our services.
- Career & Professional Development Process at Messiah College
- Resources on Choosing a Major
- What Can I do with a Major in...?
- Internship Program at Messiah College
- Upcoming CPDC Events
- Career Outcomes of Messiah Grads
- Understanding the Value of the Liberal Arts to the World of Work
- Hiring a Messiah Intern or Grad at Your Organization
Additional Resources from the Nat'l Assoc. of Colleges & Employers (NACE)
- What Parents of Prospective Students Need to Know
- Crash Course in Career Planning for Parents: How to Support Your Student
- Help Your Student Get Noticed by Employers
- Help Your New Grad Find a Job