Get career ready!
ITC provides the opportunity to interact with alumni, parents, and friends of Messiah through panel presentations, company site visits, tours, and a networking reception! Check out memories from past Into the City trips and see our brochure for a visual program overview!
The next Into the City trip will be October 10-13 to Atlanta, GA. Check back soon for application information. Application deadline is 5:00 p.m., September 26th.
*Please read below for information about the ITC Atlanta program and timeline
Overview of the Program
Into the City is an intensive career development and networking program intended to expose Messiah students to living, working, and connecting in the city. To accomplish this objective, students will have the opportunity to engage with alumni, parents and friends of Messiah through activities such as company site visits and tours, presentations and panel discussions, and a networking reception.
There will be representation from a variety of organizations, both corporate and non-profit. Regardless of your interest in the alums’ particular titles or employer affiliations, this experience offers transferable information that’s critical for a variety of career interests. We view this as an exploration and networking opportunity intended to provide insight and wisdom into your career planning and decision-making.
- Receive an orientation to city living, working, and community.
- Expand awareness of career options as they pertain to personal strengths and interests.
- Gain information on desired skills and experiences of successful job candidates.
- Get exposure to a variety of industries and an introduction to different hiring practices.
- Build confidence regarding career planning and decision making.
- Understand the importance and process of building meaningful connections in the city.
Who Should Apply?
Applicants are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics to be considered for participation in ITC:
- Eagerness for exposure to a variety of career opportunities and paths, along with a desire to learn from the transferable advice, regardless of major or specific interest area.
- Clear articulation of fit between personal career goals and objectives for the trip.
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to positively represent the values and commitments of Messiah College.
- Flexible and positive attitude!
The cost per student to participate in the program is $70.00 (non-refundable). This includes transportation, overnight accommodations, and most meals. Students should bring along any additional spending money to use as they wish, which includes public transportation and meals not provided by the college during the trip.
- Accepted students must pay the full $70.00 to the Career and Professional Development Center. Checks can be made out to “Messiah College Career and Professional Development Center.”
- Accepted students must attend an orientation session.
- Accepted students must agree to participate in all aspects of the program as noted in the schedule.
- Accepted students must obtain approval from professors and make arrangements in advance to be absent from classes.
All applications are to be submitted by 5 p.m. on September 26th. The Into the City planning team will evaluate and select participants based on criteria sought in the application.
Please check back soon for a more detailed timeline and trip schedule.
(please check back soon for link)
|Sep. 18th||Info Session, 12:00 -1:00 PM - Free pizza provided! Sign up at http://messiah.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aahshkiw7IzH7qR 9|
|Sep. 26th||Applications due by 5:00pm|
|Sep, 28th||Applicant interviews|
|Oct. 7th||Trip Orientation Session, 8-9:30 PM, Boyer 131 (mandatory for accepted students)|
|Oct. 10th||Group will depart from Eisenhower Campus Center around 6 a.m.|
|Oct. 13th||Return to Messiah around 9 p.m.|