Earn your RN to BSN online at Messiah University, an accredited, top-ranked Christian University.
Messiah University’s Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is designed for RNs to have a clear path from their Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) to earn a Messiah University BSN degree. Our professional nursing curriculum is grounded in the arts and applied sciences which nurtures and improves the student’s ability to practice nursing with compassionate Christian caring, academic and clinical excellence and service to others with cultural humility.
Messiah University’s online RN to BSN degree is designed for working professionals who are seeking to obtain their bachelor’s degree, either as part of their employer requirements, or simply to personally and professionally benefit from what research compiled by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing shows: nurses with higher education are found to experience enhanced job satisfaction, improved patient outcomes and fewer medication errors.
Messiah University offers 100% online coursework and on-site clinical requirements that can be met at your place of employment in order to simplify and streamline your nursing degree experience.
Want to earn your Master of Science in Nursing in addition to your Bachelor of Science in Nursing? Visit our RN to MSN program overview to learn more!
Prerequisites (9 credits)
- Chemistry for Nursing
- Nutrition for Healthcare Providers
Core Requirements (30 credits)
- Professional Writing for Nurses
- Ethics for Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment
- Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
- Population Health (includes 45 hours of clinical)
- Nursing Leadership (includes 45 hours of clinical)
- Healthcare Policy
- Nursing Research for Evidence-Based Practice
- Professional Role Development
- Health Informatics (Master’s level course)
Undergraduate Electives/Transfer Credits (53 credits)
Adult General Education Credits (28 credits)
RN to BSN Tuition Cost
$410 per credit, no-fee tuition
Know what you are paying for with Messiah’s no-fee tuition. With our online RN to BSN degree program, the cost per credit is what you pay – there are no hidden fees for labs, courses, services or technology. We put the true cost of your program upfront so that you can accurately compare and plan for your education. There are additional costs to the program not billed through Messiah University (background checks, clearances, course materials, clinical expenses, etc.).
2021-2022 tuition per credit hour: $410
Online students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
- Earned Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program
- Minimum GPA of a 2.5 or higher
- Proof of active, unencumbered RN license verifiable via Nursys or State Board of Nursing (BON)
Next course start dates
- Late fall: October 24, 2021
- Early spring: January 9.2022
- Late spring: March 13, 2022
How to apply
To get started with your free application to Messiah University, simply create an account on our website.
In addition to Messiah University’s commitment to academic excellence, what makes our online RN to BSN program unique?
- Accredited program
- 100% online coursework
- On-site clinical requirements that can be met at your place of employment
- The academic distinction of a nationally ranked, accredited Christian university
- The flexibility of online coursework
- Messiah University nursing graduates are well respected and in-demand by regional employers like UPMC Pinnacle, WellSpan Health, Penn State Health, and Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- Nursing faculty are experienced Christian educators, nursing professionals and accomplished scholars who will mentor you in your education, faith and career.
- Flexible program start dates