Master of Arts in counseling
Are you looking to advance your career as a clinical mental health counselor, couple and family counselor, or school counselor? With a program and faculty reflecting Messiah’s reputation for academic excellence, Messiah College’s CACREP-accredited M.A. in counseling prepares you to work in a variety of professional settings.
Messiah’s counseling degree and certificate options allow you to achieve work-life balance. The majority of courses are conducted online, so you are free to pursue your career and your degree simultaneously.
Counseling degree tracks
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in counseling
If you already have a master’s degree in an appropriate counseling-related field, Messiah offers a CAGS in counseling to help you continue to meet education goals and to meet state requirements for Pennsylvania licensure or certification.
Messiah’s M.A. in counseling offers:
- Program completion time frames ranging from two to six years —select the one that’s right for you.
- Flexible, affordable, and convenient with the majority of courses conducted online combined with just the right amount of traditional classroom and practical experience for your busy life and active schedule.
- Designed to prepare you to sit for your professional counseling licensure exam (LPC), your marriage, and family therapy licensure exam (LMFT), or become a certified school counselor in Pennsylvania.
- All courses taught by Messiah’s faculty—experienced counselors and nationally recognized scholars who will take time to mentor you in your education, faith and career.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and classmates.
- Rolling admission Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
(Note: New students in Counseling, MA and CAGS, may not begin studies in late fall or late spring.)
Learn more about our program from our students and graduates.
The CACREP-Messiah College distinction
Messiah College has the only online, faith-based, CACREP accredited, master’s in counseling program in Pennsylvania and the only CACREP accredited, online, faith-based program in marriage, couple and family counseling in the U.S. Messiah's CACREP accreditation has been extended until 2020.
Now enrolling summer 2015 classes
The application for the counseling program for the spring term is now closed. We are currently accepting applications for the summer and fall terms.