Student and Employee Random Drawing
The majority of Messiah College’s Compassion Forum tickets will be distributed to students in the form of a random drawing that will allow all students to have an equal opportunity to receive a ticket for the Forum. Employees will also have the opportunity to participate in the drawing.
How the student/employee random drawing will work:
- The random drawing for Compassion Forum tickets will begin on Tuesday, April 1, at 8:30 a.m. and run through Friday, April 4, closing at 12 noon.
- Students and employees who wish to enter the drawing will need to fill out an entry form at the Student Counter located on the upper level of the Larsen Student Union. The counter is open from 8:30 a.m. through 1:00 a.m. daily; this will allow accessibility to all students and employees on campus.
- Before filling out an entry form, students and employees will be asked to show a Messiah student or employee ID and their names will be checked off a master list, as only one entry per person will be allowed.
- Students and employees from the Philadelphia Campus will also be able to participate in the drawing, through a process that is currently being established by Student Affairs. More details will be communicated soon to those students and employees.
- If you register, it is important that you personally are able to attend the Compassion Forum on Sunday, April 13, at 8:00 p.m. in Brubaker Auditorium. Your ticket is not transferable to someone else. You will be required to show ID and sign for your ticket, and photo IDs will be checked prior to entering the Forum.
- Representatives from Student Affairs and the Human Resources Office will publicly draw the winners in the Larsen Student Union on Friday, April 4, at 1:00 p.m. However, students and employees do not have to be present to win.
- All student and employee drawing winners will be notified by the President's Office on Monday, April 7, via e-mail, with instructions on how to pick up their ticket.
- The actual number of available tickets is not finalized, since the final layout and staging of the auditorium has not yet been determined. However, the number of tickets available to students will continue to increase as invited guests and organizational sponsors for the event release their tickets for Messiah’s use.