- Public Relations
The public relations major at Messiah College combines theoretical understanding with real-world best practices to prepare you to be a strategic and ethical communicator in a rapidly changing field.
Careers in public relations are expected to significantly increase in the next five years and Messiah is one of the few colleges in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) to offer a public relations major.
In addition to expert classroom instruction, experiential opportunities abound in such areas as campaign projects, off-campus internships and on-campus public relations activities. As a senior, you will manage a public relations campaign for a non-profit client from start to finish including research, planning, implementation and evaluation.
As a public relations major at Messiah College, you'll be able to:
- Spend a semester at the Messiah College Philadelphia Campus (MCPC) located at Temple University.
- Have the flexibility to double-major or minor, study abroad or participate in crosscultural courses.
- Have the opportunity to participate in The Pulse, Messiah College’s student media hub, which includes WVMM, an FCC-licensed FM radio station; with Channel 13, a cable access TV channel; with the Swinging Bridge, the campus newspaper; with The Clarion, the college’s online yearbook; or with The Pulse’s thriving social media pages.
- Join the Messiah College chapter of the PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America)
- Continue your education through a variety of graduate programs in public relations, communication, business, higher education, educational leadership and law.