Get a head start on college while you’re still in high school and save money in the process!
Messiah University’s dual-enrollment program provides high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to take college courses that can satisfy both high school and college credit requirements. At just $150 per credit, you’ll get a head start on your college career and save money in the process!
- Online and on-campus courses
- Spring, summer and fall sessions
- $150 per credit
- 20+ courses to choose from
Messiah University offers online courses during its spring, summer and fall sessions that are open to eligible dual enrolled students.
Messiah’s summer online undergraduate courses, which are offered in two distinct six-week sessions (May 14-June 24 and July 2-August 12). A list of the 2023 summer online courses, including those recommended for dual enrollment students, can be accessed by clicking here. For further information, including a course demo, check out Messiah's undergraduate online website.
Spring and fall session online courses
Messiah offers opportunities for dual enrollment students to take online courses during its fall and spring semesters. Some of these courses are designated solely for dual enrollment students, while others are open to Messiah undergraduates as well.
Messiah is now accepting dual enrollment applications for its fall 2023 courses.
The following asynchronous online courses will be offered during the fall 2023 semester:
- CHIN 101 Fundamentals of Chinese I (Synchronous online course with set meeting times; students will connect to a live on-campus class via the internet.)
- CIS 190 Strategic Use of Information Technology (eight-week course)
- CIS 191 Web Development: Client Side (eight-week course)
- COMM 105 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- ECON 120 Principles of Macroeconomics (eight-week course)
- ECON 220 Principles of Microeconomics (eight-week course)
- EDUC 203 Educational Psychology
- EDUC 209 Principles and Structures of Mathematics
- ENGL 160 Introduction to World Literature
- FREN 101 Fundamentals of French I
- HIST 141 US History Survey Until 1865
- MATH 111 Calculus I (includes one live/synchronous online session per week, Wednesdays from 8:30-9:30 am)
- MRKT 130 Marketing Principles (eight-week course)
- PHIL 101 Problems in Philosophy
- PSYC 101 Introduction to Psychology
- SOWK 099 Professionalism in Social Work (one-credit)
- SPAN 101 Fundamentals of Spanish I
- SPAN 102 Fundamentals of Spanish II
- SPAN 201 Intermediate Spanish
- STAT 269 Introductory Statistics
Please discuss course selection with your school counselor to ensure that it meets your specific requirements for high school graduation. All students must apply online for dual enrollment at Messiah University before registering for individual classes.
During the fall and spring semesters of each academic year, Messiah University offers dual-enrollment courses at its main campus, located in Mechanicsburg, PA* This option provides a traditional collegiate classroom experience with face-to-face interaction with professors and classmates. Following the registration of Messiah's undergraduate students each term (fall and spring semesters) the University makes remaining class openings available to dual-enrolled students. For a list of suggested/recommended on-campus courses, contact Matt Reitnour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View semester dates and application deadlines for dual-enrollment classes
*If you take an on-campus course, you must provide your own transportation to and from campus. Please consult with your school counselor to ensure that the class time does not conflict with your other academic schedules and requirements.
Benefits of being dual enrolled at Messiah University
Strengthen your potential to graduate from college early.
Start your career or graduate school ahead of schedule while significantly lowering the expense of a traditional four-year degree. Messiah University is a regionally accredited university, so course credit transfers to other institutions.
Experience college life by taking classes taught by Messiah University professors.
Through dual enrollment, you will experience the same curriculum and learning environment as Messiah’s undergraduate students. Plus, you’ll be able to explore your various academic interests which will help make choosing a major easier when the time comes.
Save money now on future college costs.
At Messiah University, we significantly discount (90 percent!) our cost per credit for dual-enrolled students—only $150 per credit!
Plan ahead and start early, and you could graduate from high school with more than a year’s worth of college credit!
Graduating early can save you 1-2 semesters of tuition, room, board and other expenses—while getting a head start on your career or graduate school.
Create a more flexible schedule for yourself in college.
Earning college credits in high school can free up more time in college for a job, athletics or other activities.