Master of Arts in higher education
Are you looking to advance your career working with students on a college campus? Would you like to deepen your understanding of the foundations and principles of effective leadership in higher education from a Christian faith perspective? Whether your passion is coaching, student activities, multicultural programs, academic advising, admissions or residence life, or more, Messiah College’s Master of Arts in higher education will prepare you to be a transformative, visionary leader for faith-based and other higher education settings.
The majority of classes in the higher education program are conducted online with weeklong intensive courses and graduate assistantships that allow you the opportunity to personally interact with fellow classmates, faculty and students.
Messiah College’s M.A. in higher education offers:
- Academic rigor combined with experiential learning opportunities. An internship experience is built into the program design for all students. In addition, many students practice what they’re learning through 15 graduate assistantships available on Messiah’s campus.
- A flexible program designed with working professionals in mind. The majority of courses are conducted online, blended with some weeklong sessions during the summer or winter months.
- Concentrations in academic support services; college athletics leadership; strategic leadership; student affairs; or the unique opportunity to create your own individualized concentration, tailored to your professional aspirations.
- Program completion in as little as two years.
- Courses taught by accomplished, committed Christian faculty. Our professors have extensive higher education experience, gained through leadership in academic institutions, professional associations, and as consultants. As accomplished scholars, our faculty has vital experience in their specialized areas of study and practice. Our professors are caring, committed educators who mentor you as you engage your faith, explore your vocation, and advance your career.
- A reputation for excellence. Messiah College is home to The Ernest L. Boyer Center, committed to renewing society through education. The College's academic strengths are matched by championship intercollegiate athletic teams that have won 15 NCAA Division III national titles within the past ten years.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and fellow students. Our program allows you to learn from and with one another through online as well as face-to-face interaction.
- Deferred payment option if your employer reimburses for graduate course completions.
- Applicable and relevant coursework including a flexible capstone experience that allows you to complete the program in a manner that fits your career and personal goals.
- Rolling admission allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
Graduate student, higher education