Make the most of your summer with Messiah's summer online courses
Offering 57 courses in summer 2021!
In a year that’s brought many unexpected changes, Messiah University is ready to help you make the most of your summer with more online course options than ever before. Keep your education moving forward and earn the college credits you need with the flexibility of Messiah’s undergraduate online summer courses.
This year, we’re supporting students by offering two six-week sessions to choose from in addition to compacted international business courses—all at a discounted price. Messiah’s online summer courses cost 60 percent less than the same classes offered during the academic year. Visit our online course listing to find the general education or major course you want to take this summer.
New for 2021: Messiah is offering multiple sessions for classes.
- May 16 – June 26: Summer Term I: 6-week term
- May 17 – August 6: 3-week compacted terms for International Business courses
- July 5 – August 14: Summer Term II: 6-week term
Messiah’s online summer session is a convenient, interactive experience that works around your busy summer schedule. All courses are taught by Messiah faculty and drawn from Messiah’s curriculum, offering an online educational experience that reflects our reputation for academic excellence.
Whether you need specific courses for general education or major requirements, are seeking to graduate early, or just want to create some space in your academic year, current Messiah students receive the added benefit of:
- Combining summer course registration and fall course registration in one easy step
- Eliminating the hassle and "red tape" of transferring credits from another institution
- Freeing up time in your fall/spring schedules for off-campus study, athletics, or other academic/co-curricular activities
- Students have the option to fulfill two sequential course levels of their Quest language requirement in Spanish in one summer (i.e., levels 1 and 2 or levels 2 and 3).
About Messiah's online summer courses
Our online summer courses are drawn from the traditional Messiah University curriculum and designed specifically for online delivery. Each class, led by dedicated Messiah faculty, nationally recognized for outstanding scholarship and expertise, offers a personal, interactive approach to online learning, one that reflects our steadfast commitment to, and reputation for, academic excellence.
- In addition to current Messiah students, summer courses are also open to other college-level students, qualified homeschooled and high school students, employees, alumni, parents, and anyone who would like to further their education.
- The majority of Messiah’s online summer courses meet general education requirements and are transfer friendly—and high school students will find a variety of options for pursuing dual enrolled credit.
- Personal and interactive program works around your schedule
- Summer courses completed in nearly half the time than in fall or spring semester
- Offered at a reduced cost as the same courses offered during the academic year (60 percent less per credit!)
- Eliminates the time and expense associated with traveling to and from campus.