An essential purpose of this program is to encourage and facilitate the integration of academic study with the international field experience. The academic work is conducted in a variety of settings from the usual classroom to corporate headquarters, manufacturing plants, and the offices of governmental or international agencies.Course Descriptions
The International Business Institute program is planning in-person travel for the summer of 2022! Travel dates are May 18 - July 14, 2022.
Apply by October 1st! Click here
What you should know:
- The IBI program will travel to seven countries this year in Europe and the UK. The itinerary is scheduled to include Germany (Heidelberg), Czech Republic (Prague), Austria (Innsbruck), Switzerland (Geneva), France (Paris), Netherlands (Rotterdam) and the United Kingdom (London). Please note: this is a generalized itineray and locations may need to change based upon circumstances beyond our control.
- Students will earn 12 credits by completing courses in 1) Comparative Economic Systems, 2) International Trade & Finance, 3) Global Marketing, and 4) Global Business Strategy (online)
- Students are generally eligible after the successful completion of 75 credit hours.
- Successful completion of the following prerequisite courses
- One year of economics, both micro and macro elements
- One course in accounting or finance
- One course in management
- One course in marketin
Please visit the Application Information tab on this page for detailed information and registration instructions!
The International Business Institute is designed to give students in economics, business management and related areas a distinctive opportunity for a term of study that incorporates the international dimension of these fields in an experiential context overseas. The program exposes students to both mature and developing economies through periods of residence in or near internationally powerful cities, emerging economies and less developed regions.
IBI transformed me from an ordinary business major to a global student. No other education does that. - Hamilton O. Smith, IBI 2017
There are several features that together make this program distinctive. First, there is a significant degree of involvement by a distinguished group of faculty and lecturers drawn from leadership posts in private business and finance, government and academic life. In the past, these have included parliamentary leaders, cabinet officials, top management personnel, and outstanding academic figures.
Second, the program concentrates on visits and contacts with leading companies and institutions in the fields of economics, business and finance, as well as national and international governmental agencies. These have included US Embassies, European Central Bank, WTO, OECD, KPMG, E&Y, Coca-Cola, Hyundai, Ford Motor Company, Stanley Black and Decker, SAP, Credit Suisse, Allianz Global Investors, Chef Middle East, Control Risks Services, Intel, Nestle, Hershey, etc.
Third, the academic or classroom work includes the standard level of coverage in an on campus course but is coordinated with the enriching and complementary field seminar experiences and visits along with the guest faculty. This combination provides the student with the intellectual and analytical background and then grounds it with the field experience and personal contacts with guest faculty and professional practitioners.
Fourth, while students examine the international dimensions of business they interact with foreign cultures and get exposed to a significant percentage of the world's population. The program deepens faith and perspective on God's work in the world by bringing students into contact with numerous historical places/events, ministry organizations, Christian churches and tranditions.
For further information contact:
International Business Institute
One College Avenue
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Office : (717) 796-5364
Fax: (717) 691-6057