Vehicle Management Policies & Procedures
Approved Driver Lists:
The Approved Drivers List is located on Falconlink or click here, this list is updated weekly. Students expire one year from the Approval date; Employees expire two years from the Approval date.
To become an approved Driver, complete all items below.
- Read Vehicle Management Policy
- Complete Safe Driving Program. (Copy and print last page, then fill out and attach to Driver Application.) (Self-Study course)
- Complete Driver Application
- Obtain proof of personal automobile insurance from personal carrier (declarations page of policy or other documentation indicating coverage and/or restrictions). Your name must appear as an approved driver on the policy. (Students if your name is not on the vehicles insurance card you will need a copy of your parent's declaration page of their policy, which has your name as being insured)
- Complete the MVR Request Form. MVR forms are sent to the University’s insurance broker, who determines a “pass” or “fail” designation based on the matrix provided in University the Fleet Policy. (The MVR falls under the umbrella of the fair credit reporting act, but a credit report is NOT run when processing an MVR form).
- Provide to Receptionist (Completed application, completed MVR Request Form and copy of proof of personal automobile insurance, last page of safe driver self-study course.)
- Upon MVR approval and if requesting to drive a 15-passenger Van or truck, schedule testing online. Go to FALCONlink > Search for “All Training Classes” (See more information on 15-passenger Van testing below.)
- Notification of approval or declination of driving privileges will be sent via email.
Submit all necessary documents to: University Receptionist – Debbie Farver at email@example.com or drop them off at the Receptionist Desk – ECC Lobby. (Documentation to renew your driver status should be submitted at least two weeks prior to your expiration date).
Safe Driving Program
Self-Study Course(Copy and print last page, then fill out and attach to Driver Application.)
15 Passenger Van Testing
Van Testing Information:
The Department of Safety currently conducts 15 Passenger Van Testing (training) each month. Testing is required for all persons (faculty, staff, student or other drivers) who desire approval to operate a 15 Passenger Van or other larger profile vehicle for any university related business.
Since 15 Passenger Van Testing is only conducted on a periodic basis, it is extremely important that van testing is completed well in advance of any anticipated need (ie. semester breaks, spring break, scheduled events, outreach teams, ministry teams, etc).
Failure to plan in advance for anticipated 15 Passenger Van Testing needs is solely the responsibility of those persons desiring such approval, and no emergency exceptions will be made under any circumstances. The MVR must be approved before a van test will be given.
Faculty, staff and students may register for a 15 passenger van testing appointment at, Falcon Link > All Training Classes, once all forms are submitted and the MVR is approved. Each van testing appointment takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and consists of a brief safety review along with vehicle familiarization and an actual road test.
BEFORE SCHEDULING A VAN OR TRUCK TEST, YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED THE APPLICATION, MVR FORM, SAFE DRIVING PROGRAM SELF STUDY COURSE, PROVIDED PROOF OF INSURANCE AND HAVE RECEIVED YOUR MVR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. Once you are approved, you do NOT have to re-take the driving test when you renew your status.
Please contact Debbie Farver at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Receptionist Desk – ECC Lobby
Six Passenger Golf Cart Driving Policy
Driving Safety of Off-Road Vehicles