Below you will find the career and professional development resources for majors in the Arts (Art, Art Business, Studio Art, Digital Media). It is essential that you proactively engage in career development as an integral part of your entire Messiah experience. The key is to start early and incorporate meaningful experiences.
Remember that your major is a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By immersing yourself in your liberal arts education and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets highly desired by employers and/or graduate programs. Talk with a career coach to find out how to creatively market your major, skills, and experiences to various opportunities.
Career Paths Associated with the Arts
*SNAAP: A fantastic resource for learning about careers in the arts from arts graduates around the country.
Employment & Graduate Program Samples of Messiah Alumni
- Job titles/grad programs of Art Education Alumni
- Job titles/grad programs of Art History Alumni
- Dept. of Visual Arts Alumni Websites
- Sample Internship Sites of Art Business Majors
- Sample Internship Sites of Art Education Majors
- Sample Internship Sites of Art History Majors
- Sample Internship Sites of Studio Art Majors