Below you will find career and professional development resources for Economics majors. It is essential that you proactively engage in career development as an integral part of your entire Messiah experience. The key is to start early and incorporate meaningful experiences.
Remember that your major is a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By immersing yourself in your liberal arts education and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets highly desired by employers and/or graduate programs. Talk with a career coach to find out how to creatively market your major, skills, and experiences to various opportunities.
Career Paths Related to Economics Majors
Employment & Graduate Program Samples of Messiah Alumni
Sample Internship Sites of Messiah Students/Alumni
- Harrisburg Regional Chamber - Harrisburg, PA
- PA State Employees Retirement Systems - Harrisburg, PA
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) - Washington Navy Yard, D.C.
- Women's Opportunities Resource Center - Philadelphia, PA
- Cumberland County Area Economic Development Corporation - Carlisle, PA
- World Trade Center - Harrisburg, PA
- Cumberland Valley Relief Center - Chambersburg, PA
- Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) - Lancaster, PA