Below you will find career and professional development resources for History majors. It is essential that you proactively engage in career development as an integral part of your entire Messiah experience. The key is to start early and incorporate meaningful experiences.
Remember that your major is a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By immersing yourself in your liberal arts education and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets highly desired by employers and/or graduate programs. Talk with a career coach to find out how to creatively market your major, skills, and experiences to various opportunities.
Career Paths Related to History Majors
Employment & Graduate Program Samples of Messiah Alumni
Sample Internship Sites of Messiah Students/Alumni
- Army Heritage Center Foundation - Mechanicsburg, PA
- Cumberland County Historical Society - Carlisle, PA
- Brethren in Christ Archives - Mechanicsburg, PA
- U.S. Army War College - Mechanicsburg, PA
- PA House of Representative Archives - Harrisburg, PA
- PA Historical and Museum Commission - Harrisburg, PA
- Smithsonian Institute - Washington D.C.
- Digital Harrisburg Iniative - Harrisburg, PA
- Gettysburg Military Park - Gettysburg, PA
- Whitaker Center - Harrisburg, PA
- National Civil War Museum - Harrisburg, PA
- PA State Museum - Harrisburg, PA