Transfer students welcome!
Messiah University welcomes students who have earned academic credits from other colleges and universities. We will provide you with personalized attention as you transition to our campus. A designated transfer admissions team will support you in both planning your course of study and assessing credits you may have already earned.
To help you build community and establish friendships, we designate a residence hall floor each semester for transfer students. We also offer special orientation opportunities for transfer students. We are committed to not just getting you to Messiah University but to helping you thrive here.
The admissions process for transfer students
We encourage transfer students to apply at least two to three months prior to the start of the semester to allow adequate time for credits to transfer and financial aid to process. If you decide to apply closer to the time of the start of the term, we will work with you to expedite the process.
Complete your application file.
- Complete online application.
- Write a personal statement.
- Request your official college transcript from each school you have attended since graduating from high school. (We recommend your cumulative GPA be 2.5 or higher to gain acceptance to most of our majors.) Complete the transcript request form and Messiah will request your college transcripts for you.
- Provide official final high school transcript (required of all transfer applicants who have completed fewer than 24 college credits post-high school graduation).
- Send official SAT/ACT/CLT scores (required of all transfer applicants who have graduated within the past two years and have completed fewer than 12 college credits post-high school graduation).
- Pay a $50 application fee (can be paid online while completing the application; fee waived prior to Nov. 15).
- Curious to see if we have received your application materials? Follow along through your Admissions Status Page. t.
- Submit Dean of Students release of information form (included in acceptance packet).
- Continue exploring financial aid options.
- Register for an Accepted Student Preview Day.
- Explore the accepted student portal myMU.
- Start checking your Messiah email account and myMU regularly to watch for important updates and timelines.
- Contact your counselor with any remaining questions.
- Review official transfer credit evaluation.
- Pay your $200 deposit to secure your spot.
- Review and accept your financial aid package.
- Continue checking Messiah University email account for important updates and deadlines.
- Sign your housing contract in The Nest (accessed through myMU).
- Register for courses.