Transfer students welcome!
Messiah University welcomes students who have earned academic credits from other colleges and universities. We will provide you with personalized attention as you transition to our campus. A dedicated transfer admissions counselor will support you in both planning your course of study and assessing credits you may have already earned.
To help you build community and establish friendships, we designate a residence hall floor each semester for transfer students. We also offer special orientation opportunities for transfer students. We are committed to not just getting you to Messiah University but to helping you thrive here.
The admissions process for transfer students
We encourage transfer students to apply at least two to three months prior to the start of the semester to allow adequate time for credits to transfer and financial aid to process. If you decide to apply closer to the time of the start of the term, we will work with you to expedite the process.
Complete your application file.
- Complete online application.
- Write a personal statement.
- Request your official college transcript from each school you have attended since graduating from high school. (We recommend your cumulative GPA be 2.5 or higher to gain acceptance to most of our majors.)
- Provide official final high school transcript (required of all transfer applicants who have completed fewer than 24 college credits post-high school graduation).
- Pay a $50 application fee (can be paid online while completing the application; fee waived prior to Nov. 15).
- Curious to see if we have received your application materials? Follow along through your Admissions Status Page.
- Submit Dean of Students release of information form (included in acceptance packet).
- Continue exploring financial aid options.
- Register for an Accepted Student Preview Day.
- Activate your Messiah University login.
- Explore the Accepted Student Resources webpage for next steps as an accepted or deposited student.
- Keep an eye on your email and watch for important updates and deadlines.
- Contact your counselor with any remaining questions.
- Review official transfer credit evaluation sent from the Registrar's Office.
- Pay your $200 enrollment deposit to secure your spot.
- Use #AcceptedToMessiah on your spcial media posts to celebrate your admission to Messiah.
- Review and accept your financial aid package.
- Continue checking Messiah University email account for important updates and deadlines.
- Sign your housing contract in The Nest through resources available on the Accepted Student Resources webpage.
- Register for courses.