Resident Assistant (RA) Selection Information
Resident Assistant Selection Timeline beginning January 2021
- Wednesday, December 2 - Returning RA applications available online. Use your Messiah login information to sign in and fill out the application. You will need to send your references the link given in the application.
- Monday, January 11 - Returning RA applications & references due by 11:59 p.m.
- Friday, January 15 - Returning RA Interview Day (morning and afternoon shift). 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. in Hostetter Chapel.
- Tuesday, January 19 - ARD interviews.
- Wednesday, January 20 - ARD interviews.
- Friday, January 22 - New RA applications available online.
- Wednesday, February 3 - RA Informational Sessions via Zoom at 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. or 9:30 - 10:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 11 - New RA applications and references due by 11:59 p.m.
- By Monday, February 15 – Applicants are emailed information confirming their Carousel Night date and additional helpful information.
- Tuesday, February 16 - Carousel Night #1 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. in Boyer. All Candidates are required to attend one of the Carousel Nights.
- Wednesday, February 17 - Carousel Night #2 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. in Boyer. All candidates are required to attend one of the Carousel Nights.
If you encounter a conflict with attending the carousel night you are assigned, please email Lyndsay Grimm by noon on February 16.
- Monday, February 22 - Invitations to sign up for an interview will be sent through email. Those determined to not be moving forward in the process will also be emailed.
- February 24 - March 4 - 30-Minute Interviews will take place. Candidates will interview with two RDs.
- Wednesday, March 10 - Candidates will be notified of the official decision via a letter sent through campus mail after noon.
- Wednesday, March 17 - Deadline to accept position offers.
- Thursday, April 22 - RA Passing The Torch at 9:15 p.m.