Resident Assistant (RA) Selection Information
Resident Assistant Selection Timeline beginning December 2021
*Note, students doing a Spring semester away can apply between November 10-28th and interview before the semester ends.
- Monday, December 13 - Returning RA applications available online. Use your Messiah login information to sign in and fill out the application. You will need to send your references the link given in the application.
- Monday, January 3 - Returning RA applications & references due by 11:59 p.m.
- Thursday, January 6 - Returning RA Interview Day (morning and afternoon shift). 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. location TBD.
- Monday, January 10 - New RA applications available online.
- Thursday, January 20 - RA Informational Sessions at 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. or 9:30 - 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 28 - New RA applications and references due by 11:59 p.m.
- By Monday, February 21 – Applicants are emailed information confirming their Carousel Night date and additional helpful information.
- Tuesday, February 22 - Carousel Night #1 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. location TBD. All Candidates are required to attend one of the Carousel Nights.
- Wednesday, February 23 - Carousel Night #2 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. location TBD. All candidates are required to attend one of the Carousel Nights.
If you encounter a conflict with attending the carousel night you are assigned, please email Lyndsay Grimm by noon on February 16.
- Wednesday, February 2 - Invitations to sign up for an interview will be sent through email. Those determined to not be moving forward in the process will also be emailed.
- February 8-18 - 30-Minute Interviews will take place. Candidates will interview with two RDs.
- February 8- ARD Interviews
- Wednesday, March 2 - Candidates will be notified of the official decision via a letter sent through campus mail after noon.
- Monday, March 14 - Deadline to accept position offers.
- Wednesday, April 20 - RA Passing The Torch at 9:15 p.m.