Resident Assistant (RA) Selection Information
Resident Assistant Selection Timeline beginning November 2022
*Note, students doing a Spring semester away program can apply by November 27th and interview before the semester ends.
- Tuesday, November 1 - New RA applications available online
- Tuesday, November 1 - First Round of RA Info Nights @ 4:30 & 9:30 Boyer 131
- Sunday, November 27 - Abroad RA Application Due @ 11:59pm
- Monday, December 5- Friday, December 9 - Applicant Interviews for those going abroad
- Monday, December 12 - Returning RA applications available online. Use your Messiah login information to sign in and fill out the application. You will need to send your references the link given in the application.
- Tuesday, January 3 - Returning RA application due
- Tuesday, January 10 - RA Info Nights @ 4:30pm Boyer 131
- Tuesday and Wednesday, January 10 & 11 - Returning RA Interviews (AWC 310)
- Friday, January 13 - ARD Interview Day
- Monday, January 16 - New RA applications & references due at midnight
- Wednesday, February 1- Wednesday, February 15 - RA Candidate Interviews
- By Tuesday, February 14 – Applicants are emailed information confirming their Carousel Night date and additional helpful information.
- Tuesday, February 21 - Carousel Night #1 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Boyer. All Candidates are required to attend one of the Carousel Nights.
- Wednesday, February 22 - Carousel Night #2 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Boyer. All candidates are required to attend one of the Carousel Nights.
If you encounter a conflict with attending the carousel night you are assigned, please email Lyndsay Grimm by noon on February 21.
- Wednesday, March 1 - Candidates will be notified of the official decision via email after noon.
- Tuesday, March 13 - Deadline to accept position offers.
- April, Date TBD - RA Passing The Torch at 8:00 p.m.
- May 4 & May 5 - Gathering of all future 2023-24 leaders (Thurs evening & Friday into afternoon). Future RAs will need to plan to stay after finals conclude to attend this required training.