- Residence Halls -each student will have a bed, dresser, desk, desk chair and a closet. Each room also has a bookshelf and corkboards on the wall.
- Apartments - in the apartments each student will have the same bedroom furniture found in the residence halls (a bed, dresser, desk, desk chair and a closet. Each room also has a bookshelf and corkboards on the wall). In the shared living space the kitchen is furnished with an oven and refrigerator as well as a dining room table and chairs. The living room is furnished with a couch or an upholstered chair.
- One bedroom apartments (2 person): one double room
- Two bedroom apartments (4 person): two double rooms
Types of Rooms/Apartments - see the rates page for room rates:
- Single Rooms—These rooms are constructed for one resident.
- Double Rooms—These rooms are constructed for two residents.
- Designed Triple Rooms—These rooms are designed to accommodate three residents. The beds provided may be bunked two high for metal-framed beds and three high for wood-framed beds.
- Supplemental Triple—Each year, based on the size of the incoming first year class, the college may deem it necessary to implement supplemental housing. These are double rooms that are furnished to accommodate three residents. The beds provided may be bunked two high and there are three dressers, desks, and desk chairs for the residents of the room. Residents share two closets and bookshelves. An explanation of how supplemental housing works can be found on the supplemental housing page.
- Quads—These rooms are designed to house four residents
- Rooms on campus are in a variety of conditions, ranging from the newly renovated Witmer Residence Hall, to some of the more worn spaces. If there are any facility needs that your room/apartment has, please reach out to Housing@messiah.edu. The college will work to promptly respond to the need. Each student will be given a Room/Apartment Condition Inventory at the beginning of their stay, so they can mark the areas of the room/apartment that are well used. This form must be filled out thoroughly to prevent being fined at the end of the year (pre-existing damages must be marked).