We understand that a Messiah education is a major investment for students and families.That is why the Student Financial Services office provides resources and information for anticipating your bill, understanding your bill and our third party billing system (CASHNet eBill). Check out the content below for more information regarding billing or contact Student Financial Services at 717-691-6004/ email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bills are delivered electronically.
Bills are announced via email when they become available as they become available each semester. Students and Authorized users can access the bill via CASHNet.
Bills will be based on student course registration and financial aid information available to Student Financial Services at the time.
Financial aid that is known at the time of the billing will be listed as *anticipated financial aid. Anticipated financial aid (e.g. student loans, private scholarships and grants) is shown on the initial bill of each semester as a credit, as if it has already paid to the account. However, it is up to the student to follow through on any outstanding financial aid requirements. Any financial aid that has not paid out onto the student account to cover an outstanding balance after the initial bill due date may result in additional amounts owed.
Outstanding balances carried beyond the due date are subject to a finance charge of 1.25% per month.
- Give access to authorized payers to pay for you.
- View account history, activity and transactions (payments, statements etc.)
- View student bill statements
- Receive email reminders when your new bill becomes available.
- Receive email confirmations of each payment you make.
- Set up Monthly Payment Plan Methods for frequent use
- Conserve paper
FERPA- The student is financially responsible for his/her Messiah account (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)). However, students may give parents and other users/payers online access to their accounts. Adding parents or other payers to your CASHNet account grants them permission to pay the student's bills on the student's behalf and to view and ask detailed questions about the student’s account. * When contacting SFS via phone, the caller must say the Privacy word in order to ask questions about the students account.
- Parents and other individuals that pay student bills must be set up as Payers by your student to access his or her weekly billing statements.
- As an Authorized user you have access to:
- Receive monthly email notifications letting you know that the current statement is available to view online.
- Print a copy of the bill and weekly bill statements
- View online payment history.
- Once the student invites you, you will receive an email with the subject “Your Student has created an account for you at Messiah University’s CASHNet.” The email will contain your payer ID (user name) and a temporary password with a link you will use to sign in and create your own new password. All users will be able to access their CASHNet accounts using their own usernames and passwords.
Students and authorized users have 24/7 access to view the student account. The following information is provided on the CASHNet website:
- Student name- Basic information is listed, Input your Payment method Information, Add payers to your account, Contact information is listed, Privacy & Terms information is listed, and e-signature disclosure is listed.
- Overview- Summary of your current balance, shows enrolled payment plan, funds from falcon dollars and pre-payments to balance, and recent transactions
- Activity Details- detailed listing of account activity including your current term charges & payments (if the charges has a $- ; this means that these funds are credits), current term pending financial aid credits and the student’s course schedule.
- Payment Plans- You can enroll into a payment plan. Find out more information about payment plans HERE
- Make a Payment- You can make a payment here. To find out more information about methods of payment click HERE
- Transactions- Listing of transactions
- Statements- View weekly billing invoices. Bills are updated every Wednesday.
Bills can be viewed through CASHNet and will be announced by email to the student as they become available. These initial bills will be based on course registration and financial aid information available to Student Financial Services at the time and arer likely to change over the duration of the semester. Any financial aid that is known at the time of the billing will be listed as anticipated financial aid. eBills are released weekly during the Fall and Spring semesters detailing any updated adjustments.
- During the Falll semester bill become available in mid-July.
- During the Spring semester bills become available in mid-November.
- During the Summer semester bills become available in early May
Check out the SFS calendar for more important upcoming dates.