Messiah College’s Psychology Summer Camp is a great way to introduce students to the world of psychology and explore the age old question –
"Why do humans do what they do?"
Psychology Camp is a summer program with residential and commuter options held on the scenic, suburban campus of Messiah College, located just 12 miles from Harrisburg, PA. It will begin Sunday afternoon and will run through Thursday. This enriching, summer camp environment will help students gain knowledge and explore various branches of psychology including, clinical psychology, abnormal psychology, and biopsychology.
ASPECTS OF THIS CAMP MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR FULFILLMENT OF HOME SCHOOL REQUIREMENTS
Experience the world of Psychology by exploring:
- Biopsychology and Animal Research
- Abnormal and Clinical Psychology
- Cognition, Memory, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Leadership and Group Dynamics
- Stress and Coping
- Sensation and Perception
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Educational Options and Careers in the Psychological Sciences
- Experiential Learning - by dissecting sheep brains and exploring through scavenger hunts
- Interactive Faculty Demonstrations - including diagnosing mental illness and developing memory skills
- Mental Illness and Developing Memory Skills
- Service Learning – a distinctive way of applying learning by serving others
This is a fun way to learn if a career in psychology is in your future. Aspects of this camp may be eligible for fulfillment of home school requirements. For more information, contact Val Drobel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-796-5068.