Messiah’s communication major helps you further your knowledge in the general field of communication with the flexibility to take courses in areas that interest you most. Learning to apply theories effectively and ethically in a wide range of communication specialties, you’ll graduate with the foundation needed to pursue communication-related careers or further your education through graduate studies.
As a communication major, you’ll:
- Explore theory, rhetoric, interpersonal and cross-cultural communications.
- Take classes in other department majors (broadcasting, digital media, film & media arts, journalism, public relations, film & digital media)
- Gain an understanding of communication processes, both among individuals and within varying cultures and societies
- Develop analytical and critical thinking skills
- Master various forms of communication (oral, written, visual and virtual)
- Study role of communication in history and society
- Gain practical, hands-on experience in your chosen interest area
For a more detailed academic description of the communication curriculum, click here.