What makes Messiah’s conducting program unique?
- Our Academic Excellence: Messiah College is a nationally ranked college and provides all conducting students quality academic offerings in a state-of the-art facility. The High Center for Worship and Performing Arts provides each graduate student the opportunity to refine their skills as a musician and conductor in a performance hall that has no equal. The facility boasts one of the most highly technologically advanced learning environments on the east coast.
- Our Reputation: Messiah College has the largest NASM-accredited Master of Music in conducting program in the United States and the only accredited online Master of Music in conducting program in Pennsylvania.
- Our Practical Approach: Messiah College offers a
degree that provides applicable knowledge in each course offered. As you
progress through your coursework, you’ll acquire knowledge that can be
taken and used immediately in your own classroom, allowing you to become
a better teacher and musician. Our focus when establishing this program
was to assist in the professional development of the
- Our Faculty: Messiah’s music faculty are an
engaged group of educators who are very experienced in public and
private school education. Many of our faculty throughout their careers
spent time teaching in the public/private schools. In addition, our
faculty are currently active in schools providing services such as guest
conducting, clinics and adjudication. As a graduate student, you will
be studying podium effectiveness from educators who work in public
schools every week.
- Our Flexibility: Messiah College is a leader in the use of technology and its effectiveness in teaching conducting. Due to advancements in technology, Messiah has been able to erase geographical boundaries that, until recently, prohibited teachers from studying conducting. We are now able to offer degrees that allow students to continue to teach while studying the discipline of conducting. That opens the door to many who, until recently, did not have the abilities of leaving jobs to go back to school full time.