What makes Messiah’s music conducting program unique?
- Our academic excellence: Messiah College is a nationally ranked college and provides all conducting students quality academic offerings in a state-of the-art facility. The High Center for Worship and Performing Arts provides each graduate student the opportunity to refine their skills as a musician and conductor in a performance hall that has no equal. The facility boasts one of the most highly technologically advanced learning environments on the east coast. (Watch the video tour.)
- Our reputation: Messiah College has the largest NASM-accredited Master of Music in conducting program in the United States and the only accredited online Master of Music in conducting program in Pennsylvania.
- Our practical approach: Messiah College offers a degree that provides applicable knowledge in each course offered. As you progress through your coursework, you’ll acquire knowledge that can be taken and used immediately in your own classroom, allowing you to become a better teacher and musician. Our focus when establishing this program was to assist in the professional development of the conductor/musician.
- Our faculty: Messiah’s music faculty are an engaged group of educators who are very experienced in public and private school education. Many of our faculty throughout their careers spent time teaching in the public/private schools. In addition, our faculty are currently active in schools providing services such as guest conducting, clinics and adjudication. As a graduate student, you will be studying podium effectiveness from educators who work in public schools every week.
- Our flexibility: Messiah College is a leader in the use of technology and its effectiveness in teaching conducting. Due to advancements in technology, Messiah has been able to erase geographical boundaries that, until recently, prohibited teachers from studying conducting. We are now able to offer degrees that allow students to continue to teach while studying the discipline of conducting. That opens the door to many who, until recently, did not have the abilities of leaving jobs to go back to school full time.
Now enrolling for summer 2017
The master’s in music conducting program is now accepting applications for summer 2017.Apply today
M.M. in conducting student
“Messiah has given me a chance to work on an advanced degree without the need for a sabbatical. This has provided me with a chance to immediately apply what I have gained from my course into my classroom and rehearsals.”Learn how earning an M.M. is impacting Jared’s career.