On Valentines Day, Saturday, FEBRUARY 14th, SAB will be taking two coach buses to the mighty, the powerful, the big apple, NEW YORK CITY. Leaving at 9:00am from Eisenhower Circle, we will arrive around 1:00pm (just in time for a 2:00pm Broadway matinee!). Leaving the city at 7:30pm, we will get back to campus at 11:00pm.
Now…did you hear me say Broadway Matinee? Why that’s correct! We are going to have the following number of tickets for STUDENTS ONLY to these Broadway productions. The cost is listed to the side.
Take for example that $75 Wicked ticket. The actual cost of the ticket (w/ fees) was $117. Take in the cost of gas to and from Messiah (for a normal four door sedan - I used my ’04 Toyota Camry for reference) which is at $60 then an all-day parking pass in the city at $35…you’re paying $75 for a $212 cost!
Here are the rest of the actual ticket costs:
Phantom Actual Cost ($58)+$60+$35= $158 YOU PAY: $60
You Can’t Take it With You ($38)+$60+$35= $133 YOU PAY: $55
How to Enter
This gets tricky, so pay close attention. To avoid chaos at the ticket office and to increase fairness in this process we are going to do a raffle for these ticket which will take place on Wednesday, February 4th.
1. Go to the SILP desk (at the top of the union) between these hours: M-F: 4:30pm-1am, SS: 1pm-1am starting JANUARY 8th
3. Enter your name ONCE for each show or bus only spot. ONE entry equals TWO tickets. You may enter for more than one section but if you do this you are required to number your selections based on your preference (so if you wanted to see Phantom the most, you would write the number 1 next to it). You only have to number your entries if you are entering for more than one show. You will not be able to win more than two tickets.
4. Wait until February 4th. On the raffle date, if your name is chosen, congratulations! You won! However you must pay for your two tickets by Saturday, February 7th or we will choose another person from the raffle. Payment information will be directed to you once you are picked for the tickets. While those who win will be emailed, the list of people who are picked will also be announced on Facebook immediately following the raffle on February 4th.
Special Wicked Raffle - Open to Students, Employees, and Faculty
Phantom of the Opera: http://www.broadway.com/shows/the-phantom-of-the-opera/
Les Miserables: http://www.broadway.com/shows/les-miserables/.
You Can’t Take it With You: http://www.broadway.com/shows/you-cant-take-it-you/#loc=fas-c-pos4
If you have any questions, please contact Ben Bovenzi.
Here is a list of some excursions SAB has provided in the past:
- City trips to Harrisburg, Baltimore, Philadelphia, NYC, and Washington D.C.
- Broadway productions (in NYC) including The Lion King, Once, Wicked, and Les Miserables
- Trip to see the Dead Sea Scrolls in Philadelphia
- Art tour of Harrisburg
- Apple Picking
- Roller Blading
And many more!
If you would like more information, or are interested in joining the Excursions Committee, contact Ben Bovenzi.