- Film and Media Arts
Film and Media Arts
From classroom to clapboard, the film and media arts curriculum will immerse you in both the technical and creative aspects of the growing field of film and media production. This well-regarded program provides significant opportunities for internships at all levels of media production, and prepares you for a career in production, screenwriting, editing, or cimematography.
The film and media arts major, which is currently seeking accreditation from NASAD (National Association of Schools of Art and Design), is one of the few programs within the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) where you will master both film and high definition video production.You will further hone your professional skills and gain real-world experience through a six-credit internship at a major film studio (Sony, Warner Brothers, Universal or Paramount) through Temple’s Los Angeles Film Studies Center.
As a film and media arts major at Messiah College, you'll be able to:
- Spend a semester at the Messiah College Philadelphia Campus (MCPC) located at Temple University.
- Acquire training in digital editing, 16 mm film production, cinematography, basic directing and screen writing, and explore topics in new and digital media.
- Utilize a digital film editing lab with 10 Mac Pro editing (dual screens, MAC SnowLeopard with 2.8 GH2 Quad-Core Intel Xeon and 6 GB ram), Adobe Production CS 5, Final Cut Pro Studio 7, FotoMagico
2.6, ProTools 0, SonicFire Pro 5, Soundsoap Se2, DaVinci Resolve.
- Access a green screen studio with professional studio lighting includes a mobile dolly cart and glide/steadycam technology.
- Decide to continue on to prestigious Master of Fine Arts programs in film (Temple University, Chapman University, American University).
- Learn from faculty members who are or have been professionals in their respective fields including a sports anchor, a digital media creator and a communications consultant.