SGA is offering an opportunity for partial financial support for students to attend professional conferences!!
*Click here for an application and detailed instructions.
Parameters of the grant:
- Students must have a minimum of sophomore status and good academic standing.
- Conference must relate to identified major or future career plans. The grant is not intended for experiences which relate to faith development or discerning career choices.
- Students must submit of a statement of purpose and a letter of recommendation from supporting mentor.
- All applications materials should be submitted no later than three weeks before the scheduled conference.
- Completion of a brief online training session, created by the Career and Professional Development Center, must be done prior to conference.
- After the conference, grant recipients must complete an educational “give-back”, in the form of a blog entry, so that the entire campus community has the potential of learning about the conference.
- Grants are awarded in an amount up to or equal to fifty percent of the anticipated cost of the conference as detailed in the completed cost worksheet, with a maximum grant of three hundred dollars.
NEW! Check out what past grant recipients have to say about their professional development experiences on our new blog.
Contact the Career and Professional Development Center with any questions at email@example.com or 717-691-6016.