SGA is offering an opportunity for partial financial support for students to attend professional conferences!!
*Click here for an application and detailed instructions.
Parameters of the grant:
- Students must have a minimum of sophomore status and good academic standing.
- Conference must relate to identified major or future career plans. The grant is not intended for experiences which relate to faith development or discerning career choices.
- Students must submit of a statement of purpose and a letter of recommendation from supporting mentor.
- All applications materials should be submitted no later than three weeks before the scheduled conference.
- Completion of a brief online training session, created by the Career and Professional Development Center, must be done prior to conference.
- After the conference, grant recipients must complete an educational “give-back”, in the form of a blog entry, so that the entire campus community has the potential of learning about the conference.
- Grants are awarded in an amount up to or equal to fifty percent of the anticipated cost of the conference as detailed in the completed cost worksheet, with a maximum grant of three hundred dollars.
NEW! Check out what past grant recipients have to say about their professional development experiences on our new blog.
Contact the Career & Professional Development Center with any questions at email@example.com or 717-691-6016.