Graduate programs billing and payment
Electronic Billing (eBill)
Each semester, you will be contacted via your Messiah College email account to access your bill. You may check the status of your account at any time using MC Square (Messiah’s campus portal). Semester bills include charges for courses taken during the entire semester (early and late terms). In addition, all fees will be detailed on your bill. Tuition and fees must be paid in full prior to the start of each academic session. Students are not permitted to register for subsequent courses until payment has been received. Grades and transcripts will not be released until all financial obligations have been fulfilled. Bills are typically emailed to students the following months:
- Fall semester - July
- Spring semester - November
- Summer semester - May
Messiah College payment options include the following:
- Echeck/ACH: Online payment is made by entering bank routing and account number to deduct the payment from a bank account (no fee and very secure).
- Credit Card: Online payment is made using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover (2.75% processing charge is added).
- Paper Check: A check can be mailed, or an in person payment made at the Falcon Exchange located on the first floor of Eisenhower Campus Center.
Additional Payment Options
Two federal loans are available to graduate students. Private loans are also available. More information can be found here.
Deferred Payment Plan:
Graduate students who are eligible for employer reimbursement can defer payment of their reimbursed charges until the end of the semester. The Deferred Tuition Payment Agreement must be completed by the student and employer. This is an agreement between the student and Messiah College. Federal regulations require students to notify the college of any reimbursement they will receive. These funds are considered when calculating financial aid eligibility for federal loans.
Monthly Payment Option:
Messiah College offers a monthly payment plan through a third party adminstrator, Tuition Management Systems (TMS). This plan allows for three equal payments for a single semester balance. Payments are made directly to TMS by the 20th of each month as follows:
- Fall semester - Three month payment plan (August, September, October). Deadline to sign up is September 20.
- Spring semester - Three month payment plan (December, January, February). Deadline to sign up is January 20.
- Summer semester - Three month payment plan (April, May, June). Deadline to sign up is May 20.
Graduate students often must enroll in TMS before their semester bill is released. Please visit the Cost and Tuition webpage or call Student Financial Services at 717-691-6004 for assistance in determining the amount of your charges. There is a $35 enrollment fee each semester a student enters a contract with TMS. To enroll, please call a TMS Representative at 1-800-722-4867 or log onto their web site at messiahgrad.afford.com.
TMS forwards payments to Messiah College on a weekly basis, at which point the funds are applied directly to your student account. Students can contact TMS and adjust the contract amount whenever necessary, i.e. if the contract estimate does not match the actual invoice charges.