Program learning outcomes
Graduates from Messiah’s Master of Science in Athletic Training program can:
- Promote healthy lifestyle behaviors with effective education and communication to enhance wellness and minimize the risk of injury and illness.
- Implement systematic, evidence-based examinations and assessments to formulate valid clinical diagnoses and determine patients' plan of care.
- Integrate best practices in immediate and emergency care for optimal outcomes.
- Rehabilitate and recondition injuries, illnesses and general medical conditions with the goal of achieving optimal activity level based on core concepts (i.e. knowledge and skillsets fundamental to all aspects of therapeutic interventions) using the applications of therapeutic exercise, modality devices and techniques.
- Integrate best practices in policy construction and implementation, documentation and basic business practices to promote optimal patient care and employee well-being.
- Participate in patient care, inter-professional collaboration, and evidence-based practice as demonstrated by activity in professional organizations, contributions to the profession through service, research, and dissemination of information.
- Engage in evidence-based focused inquiry to answer or explore a creative problem or question in the field of athletic training.
- Explain how faith connects to their discipline and how the biblical call to vocation relates to their potential career options.
[Dynamic Content Here]