Online Master of Arts in counseling
Are you looking to advance your career as a clinical mental health counselor, couple and family counselor, or school counselor? With a program and faculty reflecting Messiah’s reputation for academic excellence, Messiah University’s CACREP-accredited M.A. in counseling prepares you to work in a variety of professional settings.
Messiah’s counseling master’s degree and certificate options allow you to achieve work-life balance without sacrificing the advantage of small class sizes and personalized attention from our faculty. The majority of courses are online, with weeklong intensive courses at our Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, campus, so you are free to pursue your career and your degree simultaneously.
If you already have a master's degree in an appropriate counseling-related field, Messiah offers a CAGS in counseling to help you continue to meet education goals and to meet state requirements for state licensure or certification.
All of Messiah's counseling degree tracks are nationally accredited by CACREP. The college's CACREP accreditation has been extended until 2028. (Why is CACREP accreditation important?)
All graduate-level courses at Messiah University are PDE approved for Act 48 credit. Students wishing to receive Act 48 credit must request it by emailing the Certification Office upon completion of each course that is to be submitted for Act 48 credit.
- No-fee tuition.With Messiah’s graduate programs, the cost per credit is what you pay – there are no hidden fees for labs, courses, services or technology.
- Program completion time frames ranging from two to six years - select the one that is right for you.
- Flexible, affordable, and convenient with the majority of courses conducted online combined with just the right amount of traditional classroom and practical experience for your busy life and active schedule.
- Designed to prepare you to sit for your professional counseling licensure exam (LPC), your marriage, and family therapy licensure exam (LMFT), or become a certified school counselor in Pennsylvania.
- All courses taught by Messiah's faculty - experienced counselors and nationally recognized scholars who will take time to mentor you in your education, faith and career.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and classmates.
- Rolling admission Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
(Note: New students in Counseling, MA and CAGS, may not begin studies in late fall or late spring.)
A "Best Online Master's in School Counseling Degree" program (2018)
Call Or Submit
the form below