Handshake is the one-stop shop portal for several CPDC services and events. You can schedule an appointment with a Career Coach, create a profile, search for internships and jobs, and register for a CPDC event. To get started:
- Log on to the Handshake portal using your Messiah Central Login username and password
- Fill out the brief survey upon opening
- Select "Profile" on the left navigation bar and fill out all applicable sections
You can also walk in to get help.
No Appointment Necessary. Drop-in any time Monday - Friday between 10 am - 4 pm
1. Login into your Handshake account using your Messiah Central Login username and password.
2. Click on "Career Center" and select "Appointments".
3. Follow the prompts to schedule your appointment.
If you have questions, please call us at (717) 691-6016 or ext. 6016.
- Receive a tailored newsfeed of events, employer visits, and job and internship opportunities
- Access internship and job postings
- Schedule a career coaching appointment
- Register your internships for academic credit
- Register for events
- Track your contacts and professional experiences
- Sign up for interviews
- Follow employers and career coaches for up-to-date news
- Customize your homepage to reflect what you’re most interested in seeing
You have two options to set up a profile. You can either manually complete your profile or upload a resume to auto-fill fields (be sure to check for accuracy). Make sure all of your information is correct and accurate.
Employers can search by skill sets, so add skills to stand out! Make your profile public so employers can find you. Having a completed profile will give you a targeted job list and a broader range of jobs.
- Click on your name (top right), click on My Profile.
- Scroll down and click Documents, then Upload.
If you have not already completed your profile, it will auto-fill. Be sure to check for accuracy.
If you need assistance, contact the Career and Professional Development Center at (717) 691-6016, or schedule an appointment.
For questions with the system, click on your name, then click Help from the drop-down menu. You can also get answers to commonly asked questions via the help desk.