Messiah College’s Graduate Program in Education uniquely enhances your abilities as an effective educator, leader and collaborator with students, their families, and other educational professionals. Our program can help you to advance your career and deepen your expertise through specialized M.Ed. degree tracks in the high-demand fields of: special education; Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL); and curriculum and instruction. Our program also offers numerous nondegree options in education.
Messiah College’s graduate program in education additionally offers:
- The academic distinction of a nationally ranked, accredited Christian college
- A flexible, affordable online program designed with working professionals in mind—We offer track options that are fully online and programs that feature a combination of online and campus courses.
- Time frames for program completion that range from two to six years—select the one that’s right for you.
- All courses taught by Messiah’s faculty—experienced trained educators and nationally recognized scholars who take time to mentor you in your education, faith, and career.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and fellow students.
- Deferred payment option available—if your employer reimburses for Act 48 or other graduate course completions.
- Courses and field experience designed to be instantly applicable to your own, everyday work setting.
- Rolling admission—Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year-round, allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
To learn more or to register:
- Request info online
- Or call our graduate admissions office at (717) 796-5061
New degree track in Curriculum and Instruction
Messiah now offers a new M.Ed. degree track in Curriculum and Instruction (PreK-12) focused on building competencies that enhance teaching to bring about measurable results. Read more
PDE Approves Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders for Endorsement
The Messiah College ASD Certificate (12 graduate-level credits) meets PDE's standards and qualifies eligible students to receive the PDE Endorsement upon successful completion of the coursework.
“I’ve been particularly impressed with Messiah’s M.Ed. faculty; they are a strong group of professors, which really drew me in. The program has been extremely helpful. I’m definitely able to apply everything I’ve been learning and put it into practice in my classroom. … It’s made me a better teacher.”
~Erica Sinclair, graduate student, Messiah College M.Ed. program