The highlands of northern Thailand is home to GoED Mekong, an intensive immersion program that allows students to explore “the root causes of exclusion and exploitation of marginalized people groups . . ” and to gain an “understanding of the relationship between exploitation and its root causes: poverty, discrimination, exclusion and violence.” The program fosters spiritual formation alongside academic courses. In additional to classroom instruction, students participate in service projects / internships with local NGOs.
- Junior and senior status; will accept sophomore in extenuating circumstances
- 3.0 GPA
- Courses may meet general education or major requirements.
- Courses will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language requirement by participating in this programs. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived.
Messiah tuition, room and board.
- tuition, housing, meals
- round-trip international airfare provided by GoEd
- educational excursions
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation.
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees. The deposit is typically requested within two weeks of acceptance.
Explore possible scholarships for this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
- Fall - December 1
- Spring – April 1
GoED Mekong Deadlines
- Fall - April 15
- Spring - October 15