The city of light is host to ISA's three study abroad programs in Paris.
- The internationally known Sorbonne is the perfect place for French majors and strong language speakers to enhance their language skills while taking classes with French students.
- The Catholic University of Paris offers French language classes as well as courses in culture, art, theater, literature, communications, and history. Courses are taught in French and English depending on the specific course.
- Finally, students can choose to study at the American Business School Paris where courses primarily are taught in English. Students live with host families and participate in educational excursions with the program.
- Juniors and seniors
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Students wishing to study at the Sorbonne or Catholic University must complete four semesters of college level French
- Students studying at American Business School should have foundational French language background
- Courses may meet general education or major requirements.
- Courses will come back on your transcript with a letter grade.
Because of the high cost of this program, participation is capped at 9 students per academic year.
Messiah tuition, room and board plus
$1,200 off-campus study fee for:
- Institute Catholic de Paris (Catholic University of Paris)
- The Sorbonne
$1,700 off-campus study fee for:
- The American Business School of Paris
- tuition, housing, breakfast and five dinner meals weekly for students in homestays
- educational excursions
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
- Students choosing the extended semester option will pay an additional $1,000.
- Students choosing apartment housing will also be required to place a $750 refundable deposit directly to ISA. Meals are not included in this option.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from this program
Explore possible scholarships for this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
Spring 2015 – April 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - December 1, 2014
ISA: Paris Deadline
Spring 2015 - October 15, 2014
Fall 2015 - April 1
Program and Travel Resources
|Did You Know?
Parisian cafés post three tiers of prices: one for standing at the counter, one for sitting indoors, and one—the most expensive—for sitting outside.
Parisians refer to the Eiffel Tower as "The Metal Asparagus".
France is 6 hours ahead of US eastern standard time.
About 10 percent of France's countryside has been designated national parkland.