LCC International University
“Small country, big world. . . .Take a risk and explore the unfamiliar, immerse yourself in the unknown, transform how you see the world”
Witness history in the making while studying in Klaipeda, Lithuania where students live and take classes with Lithuanian and Eastern European students. A week long trip to Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia and a weekend trip to Latvia and Estonia round out this adventure. Courses are taught in English.
Additional information available at LCC Study Abroad.
Experiential Learning Initiative - ELI
All Messiah approved semester-long, off-campus programs are approved and designed to meet the requirements for the Experiential Learning Initiative (ELI). To learn more about the process, please explore the ELI Off-Campus Study Information Page.
- Students will complete all of the Experiential Learning Initiative (ELI) requirements that are a part of this program.
- Sophomore, junior, seniors
- 2.75 GPA or higher
Since studying off-campus for a semester is a privilege, please note the following implications of being place on probation at Messiah College:
Chapel Probation: A student currently on chapel probation for the first time (or with an impending chapel probation for the upcoming semester) will be required to meet with the Director of the Intercultural Office to determine the potential impact on the student’s upcoming semester off-campus. If a student has been placed on chapel probation more than once during their time at Messiah, they will not be eligible to study off-campus for a semester.
Academic Probation or Low GPA: A student on academic probation or whose GPA drops below 2.75 will be not be eligible to study off-campus.
Disciplinary Probation: A student who has been placed on disciplinary probation at any time during the off-campus study application / acceptance process will be required to meet with the Director of the Intercultural Office to determine the potential impact on the student’s upcoming semester off-campus.
- Courses may meet general education or major requirements.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language/cross-cultural requirement by participating in this program. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived
- Course credits:
- 6 credits will come back to Messiah as 3 credits.
- 3 credits will come back to Messiah as 1.5 credits.
Messiah tuition, room, board, and student services fee.
- tuition, housing, meals
- educational excursions to Latvia, Estonia, and Russia
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation
- international travel insurance
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
Explore possible scholarships for this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
- Fall - December 1
- Spring – April 1
LCC International University Deadlines
- Fall - March 15
- Spring - October 15
Students are encouraged to apply early