O'Neill National Theater Institute
This intensive theater program offers students a unique opportunity to study acting, directing, playwriting, movement and voice, and design in a conservatory setting. Students are immersed in theater studies; classes take place seven days a week! Students typically take educational excursions to train with professional theater companies in Stratford-upon-Avon, England or St. Petersburg or Moscow, Russia.
Professor Tymberly Whitesel
Climenhaga 027, 717.776.2511 Ext. 2575
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- 2.75 GPA or higher
- Courses may meet general education or major requirements.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Participation in this program does not meet cross-cultural requirements.
Because of the high cost of this program, participation is capped at 9 students per academic year.
Fee which is to be determined; covers:
- tuition, housing, meals
- educational excursions to England or Russia
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from Connecticut.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
- Fall - December 1
- Spring – April 1
O'Neill National Theatre Institute Deadlines
- Fall - March 20
- Spring - October 20