Online Master of Arts in counseling
Are you looking to advance your career as a clinical mental health counselor, couple and family counselor, or school counselor? With a program and faculty reflecting Messiah’s reputation for academic excellence, Messiah College’s CACREP-accredited M.A. in counseling prepares you to work in a variety of professional settings.
Messiah’s counseling master’s degree and certificate options allow you to achieve work-life balance without sacrificing the advantage of small class sizes and personalized attention from our faculty. The majority of courses are online, with weeklong intensive courses at our Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, campus, so you are free to pursue your career and your degree simultaneously.
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in counseling
If you already have a master’s degree in an appropriate counseling-related field, Messiah offers a CAGS in counseling to help you continue to meet education goals and to meet state requirements for Pennsylvania licensure or certification.
Messiah’s M.A. in counseling offers:
- Program completion time frames ranging from two to six years —select the one that’s right for you.
- Flexible, affordable, and convenient with the majority of courses conducted online combined with just the right amount of traditional classroom and practical experience for your busy life and active schedule.
- Designed to prepare you to sit for your professional counseling licensure exam (LPC), your marriage, and family therapy licensure exam (LMFT), or become a certified school counselor in Pennsylvania.
- All courses taught by Messiah’s faculty—experienced counselors and nationally recognized scholars who will take time to mentor you in your education, faith and career.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and classmates.
- Rolling admission Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
(Note: New students in Counseling, MA and CAGS, may not begin studies in late fall or late spring.)
2016 Best Counseling Degrees
Messiah College’s CACREP-accredited counseling program has placed in the top 5 in two categories in the 2016 Best Colleges rankings.
#3 Accredited Online Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Degree Programs
#4 Accredited Online Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy Degree Programs (ranked highest Christian program in this category.)
Now enrolling summer 2017 classes
The counseling program is currently accepting applications for summer 2017. Admission to the counseling program (M.A. and CAGS) for the spring 2017 term is now closed.