The web team designs, maintains and manages the content for the College's homepage as well as many other specifically designated areas of the externally facing website.
The web team also is required to build and design all externally facing web pages and sites for specific college offices and departments including: admissions, academic majors and departments, graduate programs, the office of the president, key presidential and institutional initiatives, and sites and pages accessible directly from the homepage. Please see Clients and Projects for more details.
External website (messiah.edu)
We design and help maintain the overall look, feel and functionality, of the messiah.edu website.
Blogs & Blog Creation
The web content editor handles the creation and administration of all new and existing blogs related to the College. Request a blog.
MCSquare / Portals
We DO NOT provide support for MCSquare. If you have an MCSquare question or issue, please contact Information Technology Services (ITS) at x4444
Most services offered by the Web Services Office are provided free of charge to the Messiah College community. Services provided include:
Website development and organization
- Developing Messiah's overall external website presence (including day-to-day maintenance of messiah.edu)
- Developing new areas of the public, externally facing website (e.g. new programs, departments, divisions or initiatives)
- Consulting with campus groups and departments about how to organize their web content (applying web usability principles)
- Design and site navigation consulting and initiation of web projects for college departments/programs
- Monitoring of the performance and functionality of web pages to ensure maximum efficiency and a quality user experience for visitors
- Point of initiation for e-commerce functionality on the Messiah College website
Support & Training
- Maintaining the College's Web Content Editing system (Jadu CMS) and training campus users on the software
- Graphic design support for websites
- Multimedia assistance for Messiah websites
- Educating the Messiah College community on existing and emerging web technologies for potential implementation into the College’s web programs
- Blog creation for official Messiah College blogs
- Communication and implementation of graphic and editorial standards for Messiah’s external website
- Monitoring of specified areas of the College’s websites for inaccurate and outdated content
- Response to relevant technical inquiries received through the web help ticket system on the College’s external website
- Coordination of web server usage, access and upgrades in conjunction with Messiah's Information Technology Services (ITS)
- Monitoring and communication of website activity and interpretation of statistical data to support and inform the College’s web marketing strategies
- Procurement and maintenance of software and hardware for the external website
- Oversight of internet copyright violation procedures for students in conjunction with ITS and the Office of Student Programs
- Creation and maintenance of the College’s governing website policies
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) implementation and assistance for the College's external website