How to Register
In order to participate in Rec. Sports, you must register to play prior to the posted deadline for that sport. You may either be on a team which is registered by a captain, or you may enter as a "Free Agent" if you are unable to find a team on which to play.
All pertinent dates and information are available on this web site and are also posted in the Larsen Student Union building on the "Rec. Sports Wall" across from the Rec. Sports office, Room 201.
The Registration Process
- Determine which sport(s) you are interested in playing.
- Join friends who already are registering a team for that sport and add your name/ID # to their roster OR be a captain of a team and follow the remaining steps.
- Obtain and complete a Registration Form.* Be sure to include each player's name and ID#.
- Each player MUST also submit a Waiver Form. To submit a Waiver Form
click the Waiver Form link on the righthand column. Sign in using your Messiah College ID. (If you are already logged-on to a school computer you will not have to log in again.) Read the information in its entirety. Check the box at the bottom of the page and then click Submit.
Players only need to sign this waiver one time per academic year.
- Submit the completed Registration Form by placing it in the appropriate Entry Bin on the "Rec. Sports Wall" or turn it in at the Rec. Sports Office prior to the posted deadline. Deadlines for sport registrations may be found under the Calendar section.
- Attend the mandatory Captain's Meeting scheduled for that sport. If you are unable to attend, a team representative may replace you, but in any case each team MUST have a representative at the Captain's Meeting.
- Pay the Registration Fee at the Captain's Meeting.