Career Services at Messiah College: Information for Parents
As parents and family members, you have the opportunity to play an integral role in your child's career development process. Without a doubt, your child will grow in many ways as a student at Messiah. Some of the biggest decisions they will face relate to what they do with their time here and how they will prepare for what comes next. The Career Center exists to assist students with all aspects of vocation - from identifying strengths and interests, and exploring majors and careers, to transitioning successfully to the world of work or graduate school. Together we can work to support and advocate for our students.
Take some time to review the information on the Career Center website. Encourage your student to take advantage of our services.
An online guide to supporting your child throughout the career development process, starting with their first year on campus.
- The Parent's Crash Course in Career Planning: Helping Your College Student Succeed - M. Harris & S. Jones, 2008
- You're On Your Own (But I'm Here if You Need Me): Mentoring Your Child During the College Years - M. Savage, 2003
- Don't Tell Me What to do, Just Send Money: The Essential Parenting Guide to the College Years - H. Johnson & C. Schelhas-Miller, 2000
- Letting Go: A Parents' Guide to Understanding the College Years, 4th Ed. - K. Levin-Coburn & M. Lawrence-Treager, 2003
- Empty Nest, Full Heart: The Journey from Home to College - A. Van Steenhouse & J. Parker, 1998
- When Your Kid Goes to College: A Parents' Survival Guide - C. Barkin, 1999
- Getting Started: Talking with Your Child About Career Choices - Ball Foundation/Career Vision, 2000
- Family Matters: The Influence of the Family in Career Decision Making - R. Chope