- Sport Management (B.A.)
Sport Management (B.A.)
Prepare for a career in a growing field that combines your love of sports and interest in business
In our sport management major, you’ll build a strong foundation in a number of key areas such as: management, finance, accounting, marketing, communications, ethics, and legal aspects of business – knowledge that will give you a real competitive advantage in a sport management career.
Our committed Christian faculty will help you not just understand but also use the technical, interpersonal, moral, and conceptual skills and concepts necessary to be an effective manager in a wide variety of sports-related environments.
So if you’re interested in an exciting career in a growing field, you may want to consider a sport management major at Messiah College.
Our interdisciplinary curriculum, which combines business, accounting, and sports management, prepares you with the classroom and practical experiences you’ll need to be successful in an academic setting, professional sport management or marketing, and at health, fitness, and sports and recreational facilities and clubs.
As a Sport Management major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Study abroad at the University of Gloucestershire, England.
- Work on marketing and sales campaigns for a Minor League Baseball organization.
- Have access to top professionals in the sport industry through classroom guest speakers and internships.
- Choose a double major in Sport Management and Accounting, Sport Management and Business Administration, or Sport Management and Marketing.
- Take challenging courses such as Ethics and Law in Sport Management, Economics and Governance in Sport, and Sport Facility & Event Management.
- Learn about regulations that deal with risk management, discrimination, labor issues, and business agreements.
- Earn up to sixteen credits by participating in a variety of practical experiences through field trips and by working in authentic sport management settings.
- Join the on campus Sport Management Society.
“The knowledge I garnered during my four years at
Messiah College along with the networking that exists with Messiah
alumni helped me tremendously in my personal and professional pursuits."
Single A affiliate of the Chicago Cubs
|Department of Health and Human Performance|
|Learn more about this department
|Clubs and student organizations include the Athletic Training Students Association, Sports Management Society, and Pre-Physical Therapy Club.|
|Opportunity to work on a human cadaver (pre-physical therapy students)|
|Professors' area of research include: youth sports and ethical issues; health education, race/ethnicity; sponsorship and marketing; and strength and conditioning.|
|98 percent acceptance rate into physical therapy, allied health, and other related graduate programs (Health and exercise science major)|
|Excellent on-campus facilities such as Messiah's human performance lab, athletic training facilities, weight room, natatorium, indoor jogging track, and the Falcon Fitness Center.|