The communications major at Messiah College combines theoretical understanding with hands-on experience such as internships and practicums to prepare you to be an effective, gracious and ethical communicator.
As a communication major at Messiah, you will master various forms of communication (oral, written, visual, virtual) and gain an understanding of communication processes among individuals as well as within varying cultures and societies throughout history.
The major is designed to permit you to take courses in areas that interest you most and Messiah's proximity to Pennsylvania's state capital, Harrisburg, provides numerous internship opportunities in a wide range of areas, including government and commercial fields.
As a communication major at Messiah College, you'll be able to:
- Spend a semester at the Messiah College Philadelphia Campus (MCPC) located at Temple University.
- Have the flexibility to double-major or minor, study abroad or participate in crosscultural courses.
- Have the opportunity to participate in The Pulse, Messiah College's student media hub, which includes WVMM, an FCC-licensed FM radio station; with Channel 13, a cable access TV channel; with the Swinging Bridge, the campus newspaper; with The Clarion, the college's online yearbook; or with The Pulse's thriving social media pages.
- Have the opportunity to be inducted into Lambda Pi Eta, the National Communication Honor Society.
- Continue your education through a variety of graduate programs.
- Work alongside faculty on research projects in a variety of communication-related subject areas and communication pedagogy.