Master of Science in Occupational Therapy with Thomas Jefferson University
Students can earn a bachelor’s degree in Applied Health Science and a Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy from Thomas Jefferson University in five years. Students will spend the first three years at Messiah College and then proceed to Jefferson School of Health Professions for the final two years of study. There are specific standards of performance and prerequisites for students desiring to pursue this option.
Applying during senior year of high school
Eligible high school students must meet these requirements:
- A cumulative high school GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- A combined score of at least 1650 on the three portions of the SAT (or a 28 or higher on the ACT)
- At least 25 hours of OT shadowing experience
Students that are not eligible or accepted are encouraged to continue at Messiah and re-apply at the end of their first year.
Applying during the first year at Messiah College
Eligible students must meet these requirements:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, specifically in BIO 185 and 186 (Anatomy & Physiology I & II)
- At least 50 hours of OT shadowing experience
Students during their first year are encouraged to start with a degree in Applied Health Science with an Exercise Science concentration.
For further questions or application inquiries, contact our Coordinator of Pre-Health Professions Advising Martha Smith.
Click here for the required experience log that should be completed by the occupational therapist being observed.