In the event of a medical emergency, please call 911 for ambulance transport to a local hospital. After calling 911, please notify the Department of Safety at x6005 (717-691-6005) so they may escort the ambulance to your location on campus. All hospitals, urgent care centers and area pharmacies will need to see your insurance card and photo ID. After seeking urgent care off-campus, please follow up with Engle Center medical staff so we may assist you with any follow-up care you may require.
After-Hours Nurse Advice Line
Have a question that cannot wait until the Engle Center re-opens? Call one of our nurses for advice.
Mental Health/Sexual Assault
On-campus emergency assistance: contact the Dispatch Officer at Ext. 6005 or
717-691-6005 and the Dispatch Officer will put you in touch with the Residence Life, on-call Engle Center counselor or other appropriate college professional who can provide you with the assistance you need.
Off-campus 24 hour 7 days/week emergency mental health and sexual assault resources:
- CONTACT HELPLINE 717-652-4400 or Tollfree 1-800-932-4616 Provides free, confidential listening, health and human services information & referral 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free national suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis. If you need help, please dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- For information on what to do if you are concerned someone may be suicidal, click here
- Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Services of Cumberland County provides counseling, advocacy and services for adult and child victims of sexual assault. They can be reached at 717-258-4324 during office hours at YWCA Carlisle, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Volunteers counselors staff a 24 hour toll-free rape crisis Hotline (888-727-2877). Clients can also receive services at the Victim Services office in Camp Hill. All Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Services are free and confidential.
- Medical Treatment for Sexual Assault:
Harrisburg Hospital Emergency Room: 717-782-3131
Carlisle Regional Medical Center Emergency Room 717-249-1212
Holy Spirit Hospital Emergency Room 717-763-2100
Messiah College Emergency Response Website