The Engle Center for Counseling and Health Services’ goal is to provide care needed by our student patients in the safest way possible. Your assistance with this goal is not only required but also greatly appreciated.
Our allergy clinic serves many student patients, all with different allergy specialists. Each allergy specialist has a unique form that they use in their office. As you can imagine, utilizing so many different forms is very challenging and has significant potential for error. Therefore, to maximize the safety margin for the student patients, our clinic is using a standard allergy immunotherapy administration form that we will utilize for every student patient in our allergy clinic.
In order for the student patients to receive allergy immunotherapy at the Messiah University Engle Center allergy clinic, we require the following from the prescribing allergist:
- Every student’s initial injection(s) must be performed at their allergist’s office.
- We will not mix or dilute any extracts; this must be done by the prescribing allergist. We will store extracts in the allergy clinic if an Allergy Serum Receipt is on file.
- The Messiah University Engle Center for Counseling and Health Services Allergy Immunotherapy Orders from Prescribing Allergist form MUST be completed and provided to the allergy clinic prior to a student patient receiving injections. This must be updated by the allergist at the beginning of each new academic year.
- There is a charge associated with injections. While we do not participate in or bill any insurance plans, we do provide receipts to submit to insurance companies for reimbursement.
- All serum vials will be delivered cold on an ice pack, either by the student or overnighted through the mail with an ice pack. If received otherwise, they will not be accepted.
- Each vial must be clearly labeled with:
- Patient’s name
- Name of antigen(s)
- Expiration date
These requirements are purely for the safety of our student patients. Failure to comply could delay and potentially prevent utilization of our services. Please contact our office if you would like us to mail a packet of information to your prescribing allergy specialist.
****You can find the allergy forms on our "Forms" page****