Important update; event canceled
Despite our best efforts to recruit the amount of individuals needed for the Oct. 5 card stunt event, the University does not have enough volunteers to make the event possible. Unfortunately, we have chosen to cancel the event and we are not planning to reschedule at this time.
Be part of Messiah's first-ever card stunt!
Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021, from 9:30-11 a.m. @ Shoemaker Field (rain date Oct. 6)
The 5-second version
- Who: Messiah University (sponsored by the Office of the President)
- What: Is inviting students and employees to be part of Messiah's first-ever card stunt and video
- Where: Shoemaker Field
- When Tuesday, Oct. 5 (rain date: Oct. 6, same time and location)
- Why: As a belated celebration for Messiah's becoming a university. (COVID regrettably cancelled our original production date of April 2020.) The video will be used on Messiah's social media, digital campaigns, website and other university communications.
- 9:30 a.m. Arrive @ Shoemaker Field (cider, doughnuts and other refreshments will be served)
- 9:45-10 a.m. Briefing by the card stunt director
- 10-11 a.m. Practice, perform and shoot the card stunt
- Volunteers will be finished no later than 11 am.
How you can help
To make this a success, we still need 150 volunteers from across campus! Please register using the links below. All Messiah students and employees are invited to be a part of this fun and distinctive video. Sign up with your friends and colleagues! A key goal of this project is to showcase that it is the people of Messiah that make our campus community such a special place.
- Ideally, volunteers would be available for both the original shoot date or the rain date if needed. However, please sign up for the date(s) you are available.
- Employees: if you’d like to volunteer, please discuss with your immediate supervisor before registering. Supervisors: please make every effort possible to allow employees to participate if they wish.
- Confirmation and additional details will be sent to registered volunteers as we near the filming date.
- A word about COVID health and safety: While this is an outdoor event, all participants will receive a KN95 mask to use when social distancing is not possible during production.
Contact Danielle Ran, director of communications, at DRan@messiah.edu
What is a card stunt? Watch this sample video to find out!
(And then sign up to be part of Messiah's!)
Introducing our partner: Kivett Productions
Messiah University's partner for this card stunt and video is Kivett Productions out of Orlando, the leading firm in its field, working with organizations like the NFL, the Olympics, the National Hockey League, Major League Baseball, the NCAA and major universities and corporations across the U.S. View a photo and video gallery of their previous card stunts.